AVG Problems

Artylady 10:51 13 Mar 03

Have downloaded the free Avg edition, use AOL and XP windows.
On the control panel tells me datebase is out of date. Every time l try to download the download bar comes into the toolbar but time and byes do not alter, also after l click the data base it still tells me l am out of date, also it still has out of date on the control panel.
I use Aol for emails and surfing web,, can anyone help with this as am not sure l am protected.
Also run Zone Alarm and its fine.
Jill

graham 11:21 13 Mar 03

Are you clicking 'Service' then 'Update'?

Artylady 11:37 13 Mar 03

Hi,
Not sure what you mean as haven't seen - service-
l just get the screen up of AVG and were it says that database is out of date, click that and a downloading screen comes on which l click update now, but no colour comes on and the time doesn't move, but yet in toolbar it says its downloading.
Jill

MAJ 11:47 13 Mar 03

Just a guess, but you might have a corrupt .ctf file in your UPDATE folder. The ctf file checks to see if you have the up to date definitions file. If you have then you're told so, if not then it tries to download the new definition file. Go to, using Windows Explorer, Program Files > Grisoft > AVG6 > Update folder and see if you have the "avg6info.ctf" file and if you have the latest update file "d602qwlv.bin"

graham 11:47 13 Mar 03

Service is in the AVG toolbar, second from top.

Pink_Panther2 11:55 13 Mar 03

My advice?
Unistall AVG. Download latest free download source from Grisoft site. Install latest version, and take it from there. You can set up the schedule to updste at given times. This should solve any of your problems
Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…