AVG Problems...

Babydoll123 09:30 15 Oct 04

Hi,I cleared my system of AVG Antivirous when doing a good clean out(long story).Anyway I went to their site to download the free version & to my delight I came accross a BETA version for free.By D/loading this,AVG promise to let me have the full 7.something version for free at the end of November.I ran the programme & came up with 12 virouses.11 were Dyfica.AO & 1 was Perfiler.D but could not uninstall them or even vault them.Long sigh.A friend using the AVG6 free version...same problem.So I sent an Email to AVG(seeing that they asked for feedback),But no reply.AVG antivirous recognises the virouses but cant do anything with them.Any ideas as it's now 3 days since Emailing them?...Please.

leo49 09:57 15 Oct 04

Run the scan again and note the location of the the virii - it's a good bet there'll be located in your system restore points. If so,disable SR which wil flush the virii on reboot,rescan to check,then re-enable SR.

Sethhaniel 10:18 15 Oct 04

You lose all your restore points - but you can get there and just delete the point the virus is in - follow this thread :- ;)
click here

Stuartli 10:26 15 Oct 04

Anyone can get the full free version of AVG7 when it is released on November 30 - you are merely agreeing to be a beta tester by downloading the second beta version.

It's the standard way of discovering bugs etc so that the final release is as bug and error free as possible.

Babydoll123 10:36 15 Oct 04

It's working fine now ,I thing...& me thinking I was getting 7.0 for notning...huh.Thanks all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…