AVG ....... Problem Updating ??

Dirty Dick 10:28 25 Jan 05

I can't seem to get the latest update from AVG. I'm running Both XP Pro & Home (on 2 PCs). I trying to update the Free Version 7. I try to connect manually, and a window shows that there is a Priority update available, but when I click to download, a window eventually comes up saying I have lost my Internet Connection. Is anyone else still having this problem?
Thanks
DD

Sethhaniel 10:33 25 Jan 05

click here

as in above link ;)

Dirty Dick 10:36 25 Jan 05

Thanks for that Sethhaniel

I've just gone for a brew, and left the PC attempting to download. Still the message saying "Internet Connection has failed" came up but because I was elsewhere, it seemed to have carried on with the download. Everything OK now

Stowit 10:58 25 Jan 05

I've been experiencing this, eventualy though it's done it on its own. Another Pc mystery!

mags123 12:24 25 Jan 05

had the same problem but if left alone it does download eventually

Peter 14:00 25 Jan 05

I think it's the usual problem when there is a large update; the site gets a bit overwhelmed. This update is about 4 Meg and eventually took just over 30 mins to download over my dail-up connection.

Peter.

ACOLYTE 14:04 25 Jan 05

What 4 meg update? mine wasnt anywhere near that big,have i missed somthing?.

Modo 14:05 25 Jan 05

Have a look at your Firewall settings.

On ZA I noticed that recent updates have created a new program listing that is blocked unless you manually change the settings.

Peter 14:10 25 Jan 05

Just downloaded the 4 Meg update. Perhaps this one has appeared sice you last downloaded. It was a bit of a surprise to me as I was expecting about 170K, at least that was what the update message said.

Peter.

daisy2bell 14:17 25 Jan 05

I had the same problem yesterday, but kept trying and after about 5 attempts it downloaded OK

Chezdez 14:32 25 Jan 05

it's just because their server is really busy with loads of people downloading, just keep trying!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…