avg problem

pat2068 18:44 16 Jun 05

has anyone got a problem updating avg as i cannot get it to update is just keeps telling me connection timed out any help please thanks leo

sinbad1 18:51 16 Jun 05

see my earlier post

pat2068 19:01 16 Jun 05

got the avg updates by downloading them to a folder turning of the internet option and selected the folder leo

Hamish 19:16 16 Jun 05

Keep trying. I managed to get the update after repeatedly trying

961 19:22 16 Jun 05

It was this problem that caused me to change to Avast after several years with AVG

The difficulty seems to be the overloading of the European update server and the danger is that eventually an update may be missed with the obvious consequences

Avast free edition manages to update automatically, sometimes two or three times a day, without any intervention on my part. One problem less to worry about

joethebow 20:03 16 Jun 05

This happens from time to time. Last time it took nearly a week before the AVG site came back up properly.

But it's a small price to pay for one of the best Anti-virus programmes around.

joethebow 20:04 16 Jun 05

This happens from time to time. Last time it took nearly a week before the AVG site came back up properly.

But it's a small price to pay for one of the best Anti-virus programmes around.

pat-212841 20:04 16 Jun 05

Posted by: rdsok - Moderator (IP Logged)
Date: June 16, 2005 08:22PM

This is on avg web site .dated today
If you've received updates in the past and are now either getting errors or incomplete downloads, then the problem will be because the update servers has been overloaded. Please be patient and try your update later. Your tray icon will turn gray to indicate that AVG knows there is an update available and when you are finally able to update, it will return to normal.

The free version doesn't have access to the high bandwidth/high capacity update servers like the paid one does.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…