AVG problem?

Taurus 20:19 01 Feb 05

Hi everyone, can anybody help me? I have recently changed my hard drive and on replacing all the software I find I have a problem. When I turn the machine on, it fires up nicely but after tha desktop has loaded Internet Explorer starts up (I have cable connection)showing a Yahoo search page but with the title 'jor.biz'. I have run both spy bot and adaware but both have failed to find it.The only difference is that Norton AV had run out and I loaded AVG Free. Is this a sponsor's page to support the free package or do I have a bit of malware that I can't track down.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

kimjhon 02:43 02 Feb 05

See if you can d/load a free start-up manager. And then have a look here.
click here

NickyK 04:39 02 Feb 05

AVG Free is not a sponsored or ad-added service. I suggest you get hold of CrapCleaner and run that. HiJack this can also help (but your have to know what you are doing). Also, a Reg cleaner - RegSeeker's pretty okay. All these will help show you what is running.

I would suggest you run hijack-this and post it on this site so that the experts can read it. I had Yahoo for a while, but I eventually got rid of it.

Also, your Norton might have run out anyway. I never use Norton. It is a fundamentally irritating utility that is best consigned to the deepest part of Dante's hell.

Try and get proper protection. AVG has now been branded as the best anti-virus tool. And it is free.

Your choice, of course.

AndySD 05:18 02 Feb 05

Try going Start then Run and type in

msconfig

then click OK

In the box that opens click on the Startup tab. If IE is there untick it.

Taurus 18:56 02 Feb 05

Very many thanks everyone, will try all and post results

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…