AVG Pro plus Firewall ????

Noels 17:38 23 Sep 03

For several years I had NAV and Norton Personal Firewall. For various reasons I changed to AVG Pro with which I am very satisfied but as added security do I also need a Firewall and if so does anyone know which is the best and also compatible with AVG. Sygate, BlackIce etc.

Any advice appreciated. Regards Noels

Jester2K II 17:51 23 Sep 03

If you are on broadband then yes get a firewall. I use Sygate Personal (Free) Edition click here with AVG 6 Free Edition.

Belatucadrus 17:55 23 Sep 03

I like Kerio personnal firewall click here compact freeware download, not stuffed with useless features. yet highly configurable for a more advanced user.

Noels 17:56 23 Sep 03

Thanks for that I've read your comments about Sygate on this site in previous threads. I was just worried about them being compatible as I tried to use AdWare Pro and AVG Pro and there seemed to be some sort of clash which resolved itself when I got rid of AdWare.
Any other comments would be welcome. Noels

Noels 17:59 23 Sep 03

Same question as to compatibility. Do you use Kerio and AVG
Regards Noels

-pops- 18:06 23 Sep 03

I use AVG 7 and Outpost quite successfully - have used outpost and other versions of AVG for a year with no problems.

click here note there is a free version.

The Idle one 18:11 23 Sep 03

I use Zone Alarm pro - i use on a network - free edition does not work on networks.
run avg free on same machine

Noels 18:20 23 Sep 03

Lots of people on this Forum recommend ZA but also have problems if they uninstall and then want to reinstall which is why I got rid of Norton.

I will give one of those recommended earlier in this thread a try.

Thanks for all your help and advice

Belatucadrus 19:01 23 Sep 03

Sorry about the delay, yes I've used AVG 6.0 and Kerio together without any problems. I'm currently using avast! and Kerio and that is problem free aswell.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…