AVG and printer sharing

sugarbabe 10:45 22 May 07

HI am having problems sharing printers on a home network, one laptop works absolutely fine the other cannot 'see printer' only difference is that this has avg free edition on it.

I cannot even see how to disable avg to try without. Any ideas?? Is there anything special i have to do with avg??

recap 11:09 22 May 07

If it is listed in 'Services' you can disable it from there. Go to Start/Control Panel/Admin Tools/Services.

pj123 11:54 22 May 07

All I do is right click on the AVG icon in the System Tray and select Quit AVG Control Center.

Next time you boot your computer it will re-load.

Danoh 13:04 22 May 07

I presume you have checked that the 2nd laptop has the same Network name but a different Computer name to other PCs on the network?
It could also be a firewall blocking the access - have you done any firewall settings for your network on the 2nd laptop?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…