avg picks up warnings

great dog 06:45 27 Jun 08

I installed the new verion of the free avg,after a full scan it said i had 500 warnings !! not threats.These warnings are all internet explorer active x compatability ones,like adware trojan agent dg,adware hijacked etc,can i safely delete all of these or will it upset internet explorer?thanks.

birdface 06:52 27 Jun 08

If active X just leave it.You will get it every time you scan.I get 190.Just have to put up with it.Usually a conflict with Spywareblaster and Spybot.

cocteau48 07:25 27 Jun 08

FAQ 1319
click here

birdface 08:19 27 Jun 08

Immunize" function included in above mentioned softwares is NOT compatible with AVG Free products.
Hi.Does it work in the pay for version.Just wondering if it is a ploy to make you pay for an upgrade.Anyone have the paid version.And do you still have this problem.Like great dog I find it a bit of a nuisance 190 active X problems every time I scan.How come it is only AVG that finds this problem and no other Anti-Virus program.

cocteau48 08:51 27 Jun 08

Good morning buteman
"How come it is only AVG that finds this problem and no other Anti-Virus program."
This is the conundrum which I have asked on previous threads.
Is AVG doing a better job than the others or is it just a gimmick to make you think its doing a better job?
I do not think it will be any different with the "paid for" version.
By the by I get 25424 warnings (figure never changes)so beware - I've got a much bigger dog than yours!!!

birdface 10:17 27 Jun 08

Wow and I thought 180 was bad.Yes I have very little on this computer.And I thought great dog was bad having 500 warnings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now