AVG pestering me

golfpro 09:04 20 Nov 09

I am getting pestered by AVG every day to change to version 9, from my version 8.5. Having heard a few bad reports I have decided to leave it until all the bugs have been resolved, and the program is running better. But I´m still getting the annoying pop up day in day out. Is there a way to get rid of it.
I have recently changed to Avast free on two of my computers, and am very happy with that.

morddwyd 09:06 20 Nov 09

Me too.

I'm hoping it will stop on 1st December!

birdface 09:10 20 Nov 09

Just download it without the link scanner.It will give you the choice if you do a fresh install.You can choose to install with the AVG recommendations or self install cutting out any parts that you don't want.Choose your own options.

birdface 09:14 20 Nov 09

You can download this instead of using the link scanner.

click here

There is different versions for I/E and Firefox so make sure you pick the correct one.
All it does is put a little circle on your Toolbar which changes colour if you attempt to go into a bad site.

birdface 16:03 20 Nov 09

Ok just updated from 8.5 to 9.0 on my granddaughters laptop.
No problems whatsoever.
It does ask you if you want to use the recommended way or choose your own way.
Choose your own selections and that way you can remove what you don't want.
After it reboots run your updates again as there will be another couple to download.
That was an over the top selection and I did not remove the 8.5 version first as it is done automatically.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac