AVG out of date and won't update

ethelene 15:05 18 Mar 05

I logged on today and the AVG was out of date. I tried to update it and got an error message at the end - unable to connect, check internet settings.

I am not techie at all and don't know what to do.

Any advice? (In very simple terms, please!)

pavel 15:13 18 Mar 05

OK just a few questions , What Operating system are you using? eg. XP home or Win ME etc Also Are you using Zone Alarm or another FireWall eg the XP inbuilt firewall?
Pavel

ethelene 15:16 18 Mar 05

ZoneAlarm and XP antispyware

ethelene 15:16 18 Mar 05

Sorry - and XP

ethelene 15:44 18 Mar 05

I have resolved this now. I have no idea what the problem was - could it have been due to trying update whilst using Firefox?

roisin dubh 16:23 18 Mar 05

Hi, this has been a bit of an ongoing problem on and off for two or three months the way I got round it was to not use the auto update when it was playing up but to go to the grisoft home page, manually download the update into a folder on my pc (for some reason this seems to work when the auto update isn't) then launch avg control centre on your pc. When you click the update button you're given a choice of internet or folder option, click the folder option and select the folder where you manually downloaded the update

Stuartli 16:24 18 Mar 05

Firefox shouldn't make any difference - it certainly doesn't with me. Check in Tools>Web features that allow sites to Install software is enabled just in case.

Just one or two points. Are you using AVG6? If so update support from Grisoft was due to end a few weeks ago following the arrival of AVG7 towards the end of last year.

Secondly, updating AVG7 has occasionally been difficult in recent weeks due, most likely, to the heavy demand on the servers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017