//some 3rd party need geo

AVG or Trend Micro

Zebrapec 16:38 24 Apr 05

Which is the best antivirus scanner to have? and which will work best with Zone Alarm

p;3 19:42 24 Apr 05

I dont know about "the best"; personal preference comes into play ;I have AVG as recommended to me by several forum members ; it is free, and Trend Micro can run on-line scans along-side it; you cannot though put two programs on the same pc; I do not have zone alarms so cannot comment on that aspect of your query:)

Gongoozler 20:11 24 Apr 05

I use Avast which is also free and I find it very good click here. I'm using it with ZoneAlarm with no problems. The makers say the latest version does have an issue with ZoneAlarm, but they are working on it.

VoG II 20:14 24 Apr 05

AVG certainly works fine with Zone Alarm. Right at the bottom of click here is a guide to setting up ZA to work with AVG.

Border View 20:44 24 Apr 05

I ditched AVG when V.7 came out because of problems with e-mail. Since then have been with Avast and have been very impressed. Also use Zone Alarm as a firewall and they work great together. Speak as you find.

The Paul 21:04 24 Apr 05

Have used AVG for so long now and never had either a problem (also use ZA) nor has a virus slipped through my net.

Cant say fairer than that I dont think.

Joe R 21:09 24 Apr 05

AVG for me as well, been using it along with ZA for a long while now, with no problems.

Pooke100 21:17 24 Apr 05

AVG and Sygate firewall a marriage made on my PC! I use housecall for the occasional online scan.

Carpigiani 21:26 24 Apr 05

Avast & Sygate have been working happily together on my system now for some time. With nothing nasty slipping through the net.

Zebrapec 21:58 24 Apr 05

Ok, thanks, it's just I was looking through a pc advisor mag, and it states that the AVG is 'Fair' and the Trend micro is 'outstanding'

DieSse 22:25 24 Apr 05

NOD32 is best of all - the only AV never to have missed an "in the wild" virus in The Virus Bulletin tests since 1998. click here

PS and it's the AV with the least system overhead, fastes scanning and excellent heuristics (ability to detect unknown viruses).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…