AVG Network Edition - Any Views?

Taff36 09:02 03 Oct 03

We currently have a 10 user perpetual user license fo McAfee Anti Virus but we need to renew the support contract and increase the users to 15. We have had no problems with the product but it doesn`t feature a central management system. The upgrade to McAfee ASaP which does is about £365.

By far the cheapest option for 15 seats and central management would appear to be AVG Network Edition - Has anyone experience of the product and give recommendations?

MikeOT 09:22 03 Oct 03

I've been using the now out of date version of AVG on my network for about a year and it is great. We've been 'attacked' by viruses many times but AVG has always caught them immediately.

I found it quite difficult to set up - the company is Czeck (I think), and the instructions were not very easy to follow as I think they lost a bit in translation. Once it was running it was no problem to administrate, and they were helpful in support by e-mail.

I'm considering the upgrade to the new version, but as the current version is working fine I'm in no hurry.

From what I've read, I think some of the main improvements are in making it easier to set up.

I've found AVG a much better alternative to Norton/McAfee - not just cheaper, but my past experience of the others is that they can cause problems with other applications/operations on the PC.

Mike
Bristol

Sir Radfordin 09:45 03 Oct 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…