avg needs a restart

martd77 18:43 12 Feb 09

Im using avg8 free version now all of a sudden all the components report they are in error and need an update,so i update as i have done to see the message "avg requires a restart"so i restart the pc but it says it every time i do an update then a small box appears on the screen counting down from 120-0 with the avg program asking "do you wish to restart the pc now or later"

anyone else have this problem??

Sobeit 19:33 12 Feb 09

There is a fix for this but i can't remember and cant see any settings to change.
Perhaps I had an option to change something when the box appears.
Next time you do the update see if there are any options.

anthonystorey 19:34 12 Feb 09

i had a similar problem on an earlier version on my laptop i reinstalled and it worked fine after that - go to filehippo or similar and download the latest version - good luck

martd77 19:48 12 Feb 09

anthonystorey
thanks i will download and re install,its not an early version though its updated every day
sobeit
the only option i get is restart or not

martd77 18:58 13 Feb 09

well what a pain that was,avg wouldnt uninstall fully it couldnt create a back up file,so i deleted what i could find of the avg files downloaded the newest version installed that and it kept repoting component error,general error etc,everything was in error on the menu apart from the licence!so i uninstalled it,ran ccleaner,reinstalled avg and its back to been ok now

peter gr 11:17 24 Feb 09

I have recently incurred the same problem as martd77. Since Feb 14th, avg updates have failed, all requiring a restart, but the restart gives the same message "update requires a restart". I am reluctant to take mart's route as it appears to be fraught with potential problems.
Has anybody any other suggestions?

I am on dial-up, broadband not being available on my telephone line. The updates worked fine prior to Feb 14th.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…