AVG and Lop virus

exdragon 14:21 25 Feb 08

Hi, my AVG has just found 4 incidences of this and has moved them to the Virus Vault. They are shown as being in one of my ScanSoft/PaperPort folders.

Do I just delete them from the Virus Vault, and will this then remove them from their PaperPort folder?
Or do I need to delete the specific folders manually?

Should I then run some other type of cleaner, please?
Your help would be appreciated.

mfletch 15:20 25 Feb 08

Hi leave them in your vault for a few days and then if your computer is running OK delete them

Right click delete

You could also do a scan with SAS Superantispyware

The free version/ click here

mfletch

skidzy 15:38 25 Feb 08

Lop has been around for a long time now and most antispyware and anti virus programs will shift this.
However there are many variants of LOP and can take some time for complete removal.

Try SAS as mfletch suggest but i think you may need to use Hijackthis to remove further registry entries.

A few programs combined with manual registry editing/removal should sort your problem.

Like ive said,if SAS does not cure your problem,try this click here plenty to start with.

birdface 15:46 25 Feb 08

Also if you have just downloaded Messenger Plus I would remove it.

exdragon 16:07 25 Feb 08

Thank you - I'll try SAS. I haven't got Messenger Plus, just the ordinary one, which I guess is ok?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…