AVG and JK Defrag Gui

cocteau48 11:25 30 Mar 08

Got a threat warning from AVG last night re Worm/Autoit.ZM and linking it to JKDefrag GUI.....and found the quote below on the JK Forum this morning...

"The latest virus definitions from AVG show the Emiel Wieldraaijer version of JkDefragGui as a virus: Worm/Autoit.ZM."

Have used this GUI for months so I am hoping that this is a AVG false positive although no reference on the AVG forum as yet.

Anyone else seen this warning?

sunny staines 12:07 30 Mar 08

do not use avg, but norton av, spyware terminator, a2 squared, superantispyware all clear yesterday nothing found. still using jkd.

cocteau48 12:17 30 Mar 08

I have confirmed the posting on the JK forum and also posted on the AVG forum so will await developments.

All my antispyware comes up clean like yourself.

brundle 12:37 30 Mar 08

No warning from NOD32 v3, upload the file to click here if you're unsure.

cocteau48 13:27 30 Mar 08

Thanks for that brundle.
First off the JKDefrag program itself seems to be unaffected it's the GUI which is throwing a wobbly.
I uninstalled the GUI and downloaded afresh and got the same threat warning as soon as I unzipped it.
Ran it through your VirusTotal link and it came up with 7 positives (nearly all different).
I will just run with the basic program and forget the GUI until someone decides what is going on.

cocteau48 13:36 30 Mar 08

Meant to post the scan link:
click here

cocteau48 17:19 30 Mar 08

Definitions file update from AVG ... and the JKDefrag GUI is no longer a threat!
Don't you just love AV programs!!!

sunny staines 21:17 30 Mar 08

getting like A2 Squared

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…