AVG Installation Failure

ER INDOORS 11:29 23 Mar 05

I've had problems with Avg for a couple of weeks. Not updating.
It came to a head yesterday after a System Restore, It would not work at all.
Thinking it would solve the problem I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall but Installation Failed.
Error. Action failed for file avg7dos.lng creating file changing language to 67698688 failed. General Failure. Can anybody help me. I can't be without Virus Protection for long.

Yoda Knight 11:46 23 Mar 05

no idea on the problem, but you could try one of the other free AVs instead like Avast

SANTOS7 11:50 23 Mar 05

You need to get the avglng.dll and put it back into the file GRISOFT/AVG Free file. You can get a copy of that dll at the following website
click here
Go to START, right click the mouse, click EXPLORE
GO to the C DRIVE and double click on it, in the right hand box, go the PROGRAM FILES, double click into it, if you don't have a GRISOFT folder, make one at that point by right clicking the mouse and click on new, and then click on folder, and name it GRISOFT, then double click into that folder and do the same again, only name the new folder AVG FREE, then double click into it, and past the avglng.dll in there. Then run a clean install of AVG7.

ER INDOORS 12:30 23 Mar 05

Thank you for your quick response. I've opened a Grisoft and AVG FREE folders. How do you pass the avging.dll files into the folder. Sorry but I'm a little naive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…