AVG installation error

BESTIE 12:18 26 Oct 05

last night i installed avg free edition, when checking for emails i got an error messgae coming up which didnt allow me to receive any. not checked if i am able to send either.
message was something abbout pop3 i think

i am unsure as to how to rectify this problem. any infprmation you can give would be appreciated

thanks

PaulB2005 12:47 26 Oct 05

Indeed.

The error message would help.

BESTIE 13:56 26 Oct 05

cant remember what the full message was as im not at home but at work

SANTOS7 14:02 26 Oct 05

Open AVG control centre,right click Email scanner
select properties, on the plugin tab select properties, select servers tab if POP3: is not there add it, highlight it so it becomes active click OK
and try again...

Stuartli 14:05 26 Oct 05

If you use ZoneAlarm you may need to add avgnet.exe and avginet.exe from the AVG folder to ZA's permissions.

SANTOS7 14:06 26 Oct 05

Forgot, as you close the boxes you may need to click apply somewhere along the line..

BESTIE 14:09 26 Oct 05

thanks santos

will try when i get home and see if it works

SANTOS7 14:14 26 Oct 05

No problem matey, please let us know what happens, good for future ref....

BESTIE 18:52 26 Oct 05

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Server: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

is the error message i get

tried whht you said santos, was already there

BESTIE 19:31 26 Oct 05

The host 'pop.tiscali.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Server: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

message came up without asking me did i want to connect or dial up settings box came up

BESTIE 09:38 27 Oct 05

still couldnt resolve error messages

any help will be appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…