avg / have i got a virus or not.

charlton200 10:22 27 Feb 07

Hello , while running avg and in the box where it is running that shows virus I get,
i shell 32.dll change c/windows\system32\shell32dll

But, at the end of the scan it says no virus's were detected.
Can you explain to me please what it is?

thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:46 27 Feb 07

As long as it is showing no threats and no virus it's nothing to worry about. The reason the dll's are showing change is almost certainly down to windows updates.

terryf 11:56 27 Feb 07

If you open AVG at the main page ( test centre) and press the f3 key on your keyboard you should be presented with a message box , tell it to accept changes and AVG should stop showing this file as changed. ( this works most of the time but not always). This is only a short term cure as any future updates may show this or other files as changed so you nay choose to leave it as it is.
I got this by a google but I am sure that the topic has been raised on this forum but I know not where.

birdface 12:04 27 Feb 07

I have had the same one for about three months,Still comes up with no virus found at end of scan,So I have just been ignoring it,

charlton200 12:07 27 Feb 07

Thanks very much!

charlton200 13:18 27 Feb 07

I have tried the f3 and it worked ok.

Thanks.

matofthemint 13:25 27 Feb 07

Another way to get rid of this is to delete the file named AVG7QT.DAT in C:\ and AVG will rebuild it the next time it is run. This is from Grisoft.

birdface 13:28 27 Feb 07

Many thanks,Worked for me as well.

birdface 13:30 27 Feb 07

Thanks.I will keep a copy of it,just in case it comes back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…