avg has 2 icons in start tray, 1 scanning and 1 no

athenrye 13:31 06 Aug 08

hi
i have avg 8 on my computer
in the start try i have 2 iocns for avg
one that will open the svg control centre and 1 that has the small triangle saying scanning

but there nothing scanning and no programme running when i do cntl alt del to see my task manager

i can scan avg when i hit the scan button, it seems to work well, but whats this other rougue icon and why is it there

is rougue virus trying to fool me into thinking i have avg running when i have not
will

Technotiger 13:34 06 Aug 08

Have you tried right-click on the extra icon and then hit Exit?

ened 13:40 06 Aug 08

It happens occasioinally and is nothing to worry about

athenrye 14:06 06 Aug 08

thanks, i rebooted a couple of times and its away
will

Sea Urchin 18:16 06 Aug 08

That's because it's finished scanning - it will return. You have AVG set to run an auto-scan each day. Personally I prefer to run an AVG scan on demand and have disabled that function. To do that open AVG > Tools > Advanced Settings > Expand Schedules > click on Scheduled Scan > in the right-hand pane at the bottom uncheck Enable this Task > Apply and OK.

eedcam 18:24 06 Aug 08

I get the same thing and the box is unticked so that does not seem to work

Sea Urchin 18:52 06 Aug 08

you're right - since I posted that I now have the same thing happening as well. May be something in today's downloads?

eedcam 19:22 06 Aug 08

Dont know C urchin its been happening on mine for some time now

Technotiger 19:28 06 Aug 08

I have just manually updated my Free AVG with no problems at all - and no extra task bar icon!

eedcam 22:36 06 Aug 08

TechnoI had it before and after updates in fact dont always notice it it just pops up now and again exiting it does nowt

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5