AVG Grisoft

Yorkie 1 12:24 31 Dec 04

Hi Helpmates I have been using Grisoft AVG Free for some time now, but they say that version 6 should be updated to Ver. 7. I tried this and installed it, it brought to light several "Viruses" trojan horse types. I could find no way of moving them to a virus vault in the new version, so I opted for the paid version but thought the one month free trial would be the way to go. I downloaded and installed it, but it crashed my computer, so I uninstalled ALL Grisoft AVG programmes and started again. Each time I try to "Scan my Computer" the computer is reastarted after scanning just a few files. If I right click on my computer then "use avg to scan this, it goes right through but leaves no way to deal with viruses. Any ideas out there PLEASE!!!

Gongoozler 12:51 31 Dec 04

Until someone comes up with a more sensible suggestion, then the best I can do is click here followed by click here ;-)

mjojo 12:53 31 Dec 04

Do an online scan with click here. It managed to get rid of nasties that Kaspersky, Adaware, and AVG could see, yet not deal with (including zipped files).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…