AVG frequent updates (2 so far today)

Batch 11:44 07 Nov 06

AVG seems to be issuing frequent updates. Don't know whether this is due to new discoveries of malicious software or what.

I'm still on 7.1 and have had 2 updates today (one timed by AVG at 03:30 and another at 09:40).

birdface 13:01 07 Nov 06

Probably telling you to upgrade to AVG 7.5 as they are going to stop 7.1, Everyone else has already installed new version,think you should join them.

Batch 13:24 07 Nov 06

I think not.

Based on past knowledge of problems with new versions of AVG and multifarious other products, I'll leave it a while until I upgrade. Ther's over 2 months to go until they stop supporting 7.1.

Fingees 17:31 07 Nov 06

I always believe in keeping AVG as up to date as pos.

Running it OK for a long time/Including v7.5.

Never had a problem with it.

Perhaps Im just lucky.

postie24 17:44 07 Nov 06

Theres no probs with the new version as far as i know.Like buteman said,time to upgrade batch

Batch 18:14 07 Nov 06

'fraid you won't convince me.

35 years in IT has taught me to beware - let all the other suckers go fisrt.

postie24 18:20 07 Nov 06

Do you still have the install file for the version you have installed.If yes update to new version and if you have probs,delete and install the old version again.You should be fine tho with 7.5

Batch 18:25 07 Nov 06

Why on earth should one bother for now? Methinks I'll diarise an action for Jan 1 2007.

BTW, noticed that yet another (at least) update has come through this p.m.

postie24 18:35 07 Nov 06

Why on earth should one bother for now? with the onslaught of different viruses attacking these days,the new version will have better capabilities of dealing with them.I think your mind is made up tho no matter what advice is given.Dont forget to mark in diary jan 1 2007,lol

Batch 18:48 07 Nov 06

You are absolutely right, my experience indicates the correct course of action. Stability easily outweighs a possible marginal improvement in performance.

birdface 18:58 07 Nov 06

May I ask why you asked for help on this subject when you already new the answers,I am sure there are folk out there that need help badly,And probably cant get it ,Because we are on here trying to help someone who does not need it, Or does not want it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…