AVG Free won't update,connection interrupted

Jonny H 11:02 09 Aug 06

When I try to update AVG Free via Update Manager or any other way,the connection always fails just as it is about to start.

I have Zone Alarm firewall,have downloaded the latest edition several times in the hope that this may cure the interruption problem,to no avail.I have downloaded the latest edition of AVG Free to no avail.I have set the settings in Zone Alarm supposedly to allow AVG Free to work,to no difference.

So at the moment I am nearly a month with no update to AVG and am going more out of date as time goes on!

Please help.I run Windows XP,and also have Spybot and Ad Aware.The set up of these with Zone Alarm(free)and AVG Free worked really well until about a month ago;now I don't get updates for AVG and am naturally concerned about new viruses.

vinnyT 13:55 09 Aug 06

Sorry can't help with prob direct, but as you can't download updates it is rendered useless, suggest you uninstall avg and try avast (also free and very good) from click here. You do have to register but this is free.

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…