AVG free virus

nobrain 14:43 24 Aug 03

Sorry its me again!as everyone else seemed to think avg was good to have i downloaded it and now it says Avg is not a valid win32 application.now what have i done wrong ?

The Sack 15:19 24 Aug 03

corrupted download maybe?

Belatucadrus 15:40 24 Aug 03

I agree with The Sack, a sound download of AVG definitely is a valid win32 application, either download AVG again and try that or upgrade to avast4 at click here

nobrain 18:41 24 Aug 03

i downloaded avast4 but didnt uninstall norton first<big mistake> and the whole computer froze! sorted now, will stick to norton and pay up.thanks for your help everyone

3tg 18:45 24 Aug 03

I posted here about the AVG program and everyone advised me to uninstall Norton first, which I did, then I downloaded AVG and it's very good, surely you can try again aa AVG is free. Cheers

Belatucadrus 19:03 24 Aug 03

Two anti virus progs is almost always an ugly combination. Definitely a no no.

robin2dogs 19:05 24 Aug 03

...and paid for the pro version.however I did'nt set the auto updates daily initially+ caught "bugbear" but found Solo(freebe) to remove it,only lost 4 files.Point is avg+solo ran happily sideby side.

nobrain 19:37 24 Aug 03

but if i uninstall norton and install avast4 will i not be open to every virus going while i am installing avast ?it took about 45 minutes to install it and 2 seconds to get rid of it!

Jester2K II 20:09 24 Aug 03

True but its the best way to do it...

Jomi 20:12 24 Aug 03

Download avast4 first but don't install. Log off the internet, uninstall Norton AV then install the avast4 prog.

nobrain 20:23 24 Aug 03

Cheers will try it in the morning as been siting here all afternoon !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…