AVG free version

palinka 12:37 PM 16 Apr 13
Answered

I've used AVG (free version) for years. I think I may have recently had a trial period of a "superior"versaion. Suddenly I 'm getting warnings that my trial period has expired ( which is fine,) but I want to continue with my usual version. also, I was using AVG 2012 Free but I can't find a way of moving to 2013 free version.

Any advice please.

Secret-Squirrel 13:19 PM 16 Apr 13
Answer

"but I can't find a way of moving to 2013 free version."

Here's how:

For XP, go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs. For Vista, 7 or 8, go to Control Panel -> Programs & Features. Locate "AVG Internet Security" in the list, click on it then click the "Change" button. You'll be presented with a list of options and one of them is to downgrade to AVG Free edition. The process is automatic and usually takes such a few minutes.

wee eddie 14:41 PM 16 Apr 13

There should be a removal Tool on the AVG Site ~ Use it.

Anti-virus programs are designed to be hard to remove, otherwise all a virus would have to do would be to remove the AV when it loaded!

Secret-Squirrel 15:44 PM 16 Apr 13

Wee Eddie, the OP asked how to change from AVG Internet Security 2013 to AVG Free 2013 and I've provided that information. There's no need to run any proprietary removal tool.

palinka 16:18 PM 16 Apr 13

thanks very much, secret-squirrel

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay