AVG Free - Priority Update

avesnes 23:13 21 Jun 06

Has anyone had trouble with the Priority Update for Virus database versions 765 & 379 -- 608066 bytes?
I've been away on holiday and when trying to update, I keep getting the message "Update has not been finished because update files are corrupted. Perform the update once again."
I've tried several times on two consecutive evenings.

johnnyrocker 23:20 21 Jun 06

my avg free version is 268.9.2/372 released today, maybe uninstall/reinstall?

avesnes 23:35 21 Jun 06

Thanks Johnny - I have an older version so I'll follow your advice and download the latest followed by uninstall and reinstall.

avesnes 08:41 27 Jun 06

I followed Johnnyrocker's advice by downloading the latest version of the free program using my machine at work. I uninstalled the older version from my home machine, installed the later version 268.9.0/366 and tried to install the latest priority update (virus data base 767 & 382)and the original problem was still present i.e. the update appears to be downloading correctly but when it tries to update on my home machine the error message (as per my first posting) appears.

If I try to update once again as per the error message instruction, the error message re-appears.

Any suggestions, please, as I'm a bit puzzled.

As an after-thought, the only change recently has been the switchover from Wanadoo to Orange??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…