AVG Free - Link Scanner intermittent

six-h 18:52 23 Jan 09

Anybody else noticed that sometimes, Google search results don't have any green ticks, only the sponsored ads.
Other times all results have Red/Green ticks.
Or is it just me:-)

birdface 20:35 23 Jan 09

Maybe turn Link scanner off and use WOT.or McAfee Site Advisor instead.

six-h 21:04 23 Jan 09

buteman:
I used to use Site Advisor, but it interfered with my Citrix Link to the college where I do some work.

Just Googled WOT, as I've not heard of it before, might give it a go, but 'till now, I've been satisfied with AVG, just wondered if anyone else had this intermittent performance.

birdface 11:15 24 Jan 09

I used to have Link scanner and McAfee Site Advisor running at the same time.Some things McAfee was giving a red light and Link Scanner was giving a green light.So I removed the link scanner.Then had the same trouble as you are having with Mcafee.So removed that and downloaded WOT.And have used that since.Not sure if it is any better or worse than the other two but I will stick with it for a while.I did remove AVG and reinstalled it again without the Link Scanner.But anything is better than nothing so if you are happy with it just stay with it.I used to be able to get rid of your problem by either running C Cleaner or removing temporary files Cookies etc.But if you need the computer for college work you have to be careful what you remove.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced