AVG free how to install updates manually

rsturbo 20:07 12 Oct 04

i don't have (or want!) an internet connection on my laptop, i therefore want to update newly installed avg free manually. what files do i need and how do i do it? - i can download the updates from my desktop pc.

thanks for any help

howard60 20:37 12 Oct 04

I doubt that you can - I have saved a download from avg and put that on another machine but when you try and install it you need to go online with it to bring it up to date. If as you say you do not want to go online with it you do not need avg!

DoctorButcher 20:40 12 Oct 04

Put the downloaded .DAT file into the UPDATE folder in your AVG (Grisoft) installation and switch AVG on...

It *should* detect the update and install ok...

flu 20:43 12 Oct 04

I used to update manually by copying the necessary update files into the software's update folder. Following that it was a matter of closing AVG and reactivating it. You will see the AVG being updated by the scripts running in a window that opens. However, as I no longer use AVG, I don't remember the details. If you look into the AVG folder in your C drive, see if you can find a folder named 'update'.

Completealias 20:43 12 Oct 04

DoctorButcher is correct I have updated avg this way no probs

Completealias 20:45 12 Oct 04

The update folder is in
C: program files / grisoft / AVG6
then you'll find the update folder

fsbb 20:51 12 Oct 04

As previous replies. Download from here click here to Update Folder then run AVG. The latest update BIN file will be detected and installed in AVG.

rsturbo 22:13 12 Oct 04

The update folder is in C: program files / grisoft / AVG6 then you'll find the update folder

this works

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…