AVG Free, help please.

Green 1 01:41 30 Jan 08

I have been using AVG for some time now and all was well, now every time I update it, it tells me that I have to reboot the computer to run the update, I have looked in the scheduler and other places but cannot find anything which will make it go back to how it was, please can anybody tell me how to just update without having to reboot every time. I`m not very techie so please be kind. Many thanks for any replies I may get.

lofty29 08:18 30 Jan 08

I think that what the situation is, is that the updates have been installed but will not be totally effective until the pc has been rebooted, this does not only apply to AVG. You could always run your updates at the end of your seesion just before shutting down.

Technotiger 08:25 30 Jan 08

Hi, I don't think this applies to every AVG update, only the actual AVG Program upgrades. I update my AVG every day, but very rarely need to do a re-boot to finalise anything.

johnnyrocker 09:00 30 Jan 08

when i used avg free i never had to reboot as a result of an update and the first time i had tio it screwed permanently my avg which i had to dump and am very happy with avast.

johnny

iscanut2 09:07 30 Jan 08

Select Update manager, then click on Properties.
Make sure you have ticked..Require Confirmation from user and ensure that there is no tick in the box... Complete at Computer Restart.

birdface 09:16 30 Jan 08

Launch Contol Center.Click on update manager.Properties.Put the dot in update imediatly.apply.Ok

iscanut2 09:16 30 Jan 08

Sorry, duplicated your response. Should pay more attention.

birdface 10:07 30 Jan 08

Ditto.

mfletch 15:01 30 Jan 08

Hi,

Also try this,

AVG Control Center->Update Manager->Settings->Advanced tab-> use "Delete update temporary files" button

Green 1 15:48 30 Jan 08

Many thanks for the replies, you have all been a great help to me, once again many thanks to all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…