AVG free in error state (update manager)

daisy2bell 08:47 10 Oct 07

I had this problem a while back, but cannot remember how I rectified it.

The AVG icon in the bottom right is grey. It informs me that I need to restart for the changes to take effect. After numerous restarts it is still greyed out.

Technotiger 08:54 10 Oct 07

It is telling you that your Anti-virus data-basse is not up-to-date. Right-click on AVG icon and click on Check for Updates. When update completes, then re-start pc.

Technotiger 08:55 10 Oct 07

OOpps one too many sssss's in data-base :-)

daisy2bell 08:59 10 Oct 07

Thanks, I've already done that, and it keeps telling me that the update was unsuccessfull

wotbus@ 09:35 10 Oct 07

Hi. Just re-install it, d/l again if necessary. It's probably in conflict with some other "anti" stuff ;-)

keef66 09:46 10 Oct 07

Download the whole thing again and save it somewhere. Disconnect from the internet. Turn off the current AVG then uninstall it. Run Crapcleaner just to be sure, then install the newly downloaded version and make sure it's running before you go on the internet again

kingussie 11:59 10 Oct 07

link

johnnyrocker 13:33 10 Oct 07

is your clock corect?

johnny.

johndrew 13:48 10 Oct 07

I have had this a couple of times. It appears to me that something goes wrong with an update and corrupts the AVG database. To rectify the problem I have always disconnected from the internet, reinstall from a copy (which I now keep for this purpose) and then update in the normal way. Depending on the age of the copy I keep handy (I do update it fairly regularly) it may take several updates to fully update again.

daisy2bell 14:39 10 Oct 07

Thanks guys. I'll do that. I'll tick as resolved now.

daisy2bell 15:04 10 Oct 07

Reinstalled and working ok now.
Thanks again guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac