AVG Free Download but which one please ?

Giggle n' Bits 01:18 25 Oct 04

I also take it AVG is a Freebie virus scanner and doesn't end like 30 days from install.

Dan the Confused 01:45 25 Oct 04

AVG is free and very good, I prefer it to Norton. You can download it from click here

hugh-265156 01:53 25 Oct 04

download free edt. from here click here totally free to use as long as you wish, not just download.

the pro edt. click here is also free to download but you can only use it for 30days.

i use the free edt. myself and thats all you really need if a home user, keep it up to date and run a scan regularly.

zincy 02:30 25 Oct 04

do anyone of you use AVG with other antivirus programs together? or just use this one?

Dan the Confused 03:36 25 Oct 04

Only ever use one anti-virus product. There's no point running more, it just uses resources and can lead to software conflicts.

Use it in conjunction with a firewall and, to be extra safe, spyware protection programs such as SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard.

Run your AV prog along with Ad-aware SE and Spybot S&D at least once a week and you should be safe from most things.

Remember to keep all these programs up-to-date with the latest definitions and updates.

Just as importantly, stay up-to-date with all Microsoft critical updates too.

Think that's everything :P

ianeon 04:23 25 Oct 04

I agree with "Dan the Confused", but I also keep shortcuts on my desktop, for other online scanners such as Panda, Microworld & Avast. I like the safety of additional checks when I think that I have a problem. AVG is very good and has not let me down( ever ). Lots better than Noton.

Stuartli 09:23 25 Oct 04

The free version of AVG (there's also a beta version out for the next generation of the product) does all that most people require, providing it is regularly updated.

Giggle n' Bits 14:30 25 Oct 04

what with so many options to D.Load it get a bit mond boggling.

Cheers & hope bug Free.

Giggle n' Bits 14:33 25 Oct 04

to confirm download. confusing me.

Giggle n' Bits 14:38 25 Oct 04

take it this is correct method to get AVG by having to get a confirmation from G.soft for the download and v7 is correct version

Sparrowhawk 14:43 25 Oct 04

Download FREE version of:
Grisoft AVG Virus Scan (version 6)

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…