AVG Free on CD-ROM?

George Smiley 20:21 03 Apr 05

I've trying to help a friend who has Win 98 and a dial-up connection get AVG Free. Trying to download it has been a nightmare and we've given up. He hasn't got a DVD drive so can't load it using my DVD copies from mags.

Anyone know where to get AVG Free on CD-ROM?

Thanks

ton 20:25 03 Apr 05

Could you not copy it from your DVD to a CD?

Buchan 35 22:06 03 Apr 05

I do nt believe it!!! My old boss!! George I`ve got an oldish CD with AVG Free Edition you may have.I`ve been on the verge of chucking all the old ones out but if it`s any use to you let me know

George Smiley 22:18 03 Apr 05

Thanks ton. Tried to copy from my DVD free-with-mag copy but it wouldn't allow me to 'de-read-only' it to allow it to be copied to a CD.

Buchan 35: You are a star! It would really help my friend who's not PC aware and I'm trying to help him out - and he can't afford the pay-for packages. Feel frustrated that I've got AVG on DVD but he can't read it. If you're prepared to pop it in the post to me would be very grateful and send you some re-compense in return. With e-mail you direct. Thanks George Smiley.

jolorna 07:46 04 Apr 05

can you not download the latest avg and copy it to a cd for your friend as it will be more up to date than a magazine copy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…