AVG free antivirus

ADAM-189137 14:05 16 Aug 05

My subscription to Norton antivirus is up shortly and i was thinking of trying AVG. Any ideas? Will Norton uninstall properly?

johnnyrocker 14:07 16 Aug 05

should do, have used avg for years no probs.

lotvic 14:15 16 Aug 05

There is a lot to uninstalling Norton. It depends on which version you have got. I suggest you do a google for 'Uninstall Norton' and you will see what I mean. You may have to download the uninstaller prog from Norton and then do some 'cleaning up'

Diemmess 15:10 16 Aug 05

Concur with johnnyrocker and recommend lotvic's advice.

Have used AVG since the early days when I had to buy a CD and only the updates were free. Excellent at spotting virus intrusion, not enough for some spyware, so I use free Ad-Aware as well.

lotvic's advice could make a better job clearing Norton. No personal experience with Norton,(just hearsay) but I did have to work to clear McAfee in the limbo period just after they had taken over Dr. Solomon, which was my first AV software and very good in its day.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…