AVG Free

NarcosisBoy 14:43 21 Apr 05

Folks I am gettting a warning about AVG when my system boots up so I tried to do a reinstall and it dont work - I get this message

Local machine: installation failed
Installation:
Error: Action failed for file avg7dos.lng: creating file....
Changing language to 67698688 failed.
General failure.

Anyone ideas? Won't let me unistall through Add/Remove Prgrams either and I have tried thier help room at AVG but have to register through my AVG which isnt working!

Ideas

Narc

Terry Brown 14:59 21 Apr 05

It looks as if you have files hidden on the system or Registry that are blocking it. You have 3 options..1---Complete format and re-boot......2--Go into the registry and manually delete all references to AVG[Make sure you back up your registry first]....3--Using the search on windows, select all (system files and hidden files) and manually delete.. With all options , ensure your programs are backup to to another medium before starting

joethebow 22:42 21 Apr 05

It looks to me as if you've got a virus that's actualy blocking AVG! Have a look here, should be something to help you, there's lots to choose from.

click here

or here:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…