bonze 13:57 01 Feb 05

Can anyone please advise if avg free ver7.0 is compatable with Winxp sp2. I have looked on the web site and xp is not metioned.

ACOLYTE 13:59 01 Feb 05

Im running it with sp2 with no problems.

lindyloo4 14:00 01 Feb 05

Yes, no problems, that is my set up. The only trouble at the moment is what everybody is having and that is getting updates.

Paul M 14:05 01 Feb 05

I'm glad you have mentioned a problem everyone is having getting updates - I thought it was just me - I have removed the program and re-installed it but this makes no difference, I just keep getting the error message "Server returned error state".

ACOLYTE 14:07 01 Feb 05

I have just checked and there is an update available and as said i get to see the update but when i try to dload it i get connection failed,but it does eventually update just takes time,i usually try in the early hours seems to work best then.

Hamish 14:13 01 Feb 05

Type AVG into the search box. There has been numerous posting on the subject of updates

Dennis1 14:25 01 Feb 05

I had trouble with updates until I intalled the "paid for" version and now all of a sudden it updates with no problems. Makes you think doesn't it

Dennis1 14:26 01 Feb 05

sorry that should have been installed

bonze 15:14 01 Feb 05

Thank you all for your help.I have the same trouble on another computer with AVG updates that runs win ME.Cheers!!!

woodt 15:20 01 Feb 05

I also had trouble with the updates until I went to the web site downloaded the updates to a folder on my hard drive then directed the program to look for the updates in that folder rather than the internet.....job done.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…