avg found virus W97M/Marker what now?

frankie 16:33 06 May 03

avg found virus W97M/Marker what now? it was on floppy disc,from work,i need info off it it says shall put folder into vault.how can i use disc if it does that?.my c drive is unaffected so avg done its job.it said cant heal virus any advice please.

alan 2273 17:08 06 May 03

I too use AVG and it found a virus on my computer. If you send an E-Mail of to microsoft help & support service with the above mentioned virus name they will tell you how to get rid of it, or you can go to the AVG FAQ site at click here
where you might find an answer

VoG™ 17:54 06 May 03

W97M/Marker infects the global document template NORMAL.DOT

Thereafter any Word document that you open becomes infected. It is therefore quite likely that a lot of your docs at work are infected.

frankie 20:26 06 May 03

cheers for that is there a easy way to oust it,for pc simpleton

Bagsey 21:04 06 May 03

Run an AVG removable media test on the disk it may clear it for you, if not use click here This should do the trick, but your office will need to take early action as a lot of your word files could be in jeapordy.

frankie 06:03 07 May 03

avg cant heal it

Sharpamatt 08:14 07 May 03

dont forget to disable system restore prior to running AVG to remove virus.

It will then place it in a vault ( hidden folder )

frankie 20:29 07 May 03

many thanks all who responded

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…