avg found a virus - file is still on hard drive?

SANAP 18:51 17 Oct 03

I run avg fairly frequently but today i did the run and it came back syaing 2 viruses found, one was fixed through healing but the other is still on the hd in

c:\program files\spybot-search destroy1.1\...

name:Trojan horse Dialer

How do I get rid of this and why won't avg do it?

SANAP

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 18:55 17 Oct 03

It prob just somethin spy bot found and fixed but you could open spy bot and delete whe quarentime files then run AVG again.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 18:56 17 Oct 03

P.S spy bot new is 1.2 now.

Regards.

keith-236785 10:52 18 Oct 03

What OS are you using and where does it say the file is?

if you are using XP, it may be that the file is in the system resore folder, though avg should have got rid of it.

just give us a bit more infomation then we may have better answers for you.

SANAP 12:43 18 Oct 03

paperman

I am using WIN98SE and after looking at avg again I get the following about where the file is.

c:\program files\spybot-search destroy1.1\RECOVERY\WebDialer.zip:\5-2-46-2.exe

this is copied from AVG but if I can find out more please tell me, my knowledge is limited.

Hope this helps.

sanap

ellas 12:49 18 Oct 03

see what this scan comes up with,includes free disinfection click here

les53uk 12:51 18 Oct 03

I have had the same problem, a virus found by AVG called Dialler, though not found by my other anti viru software (Trend PC-cillin)
I have Windows ME, and Telewest broadband. I have also found that my computer will not shut down unless I switch off my modem first (which I never had to do before)
There may be a connection between the two

muppetmark 12:51 18 Oct 03

The dialler is in a Spybot recovery file , looks as if Spybot found it 1st removed it and saved it should you wish to reinstate it . However Spybot will let you delete that recovery file should you wish to.

SANAP 14:11 18 Oct 03

As always my problem has been solved and I have learnt a bit more(will it ever end)

Thanks to all, great forum.

sanap

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…