AVG finds deeply embeded trojan

Halmer 13:56 29 Dec 05

I installed AVG and Zone Alarm free on my brother in law's PC over Christmas. I also installed Ad Aware. Previoulsy he had no protection. Ad Aware found 120 odd objects to remove.

AVG though finds a 'deeply embeded' trojan but fails to heal it or tackle in in any way upon completion of the scan. I can't remember the exact details of the trojan but can anyone tell me what he should do to remove it please?

Indigo 1 14:12 29 Dec 05

Try EWIDO from click here

It is free to download, update and use and usually sorts out Trojans and Worms that AVG ignores.

The Dazza 14:14 29 Dec 05

I used to run AVG on my pc too, but found, like you it doesn't always remove all viruses. An alternative anti virus you could try is avast click here

This is also free & updates itself often with very little user interaction.

Halmer 14:18 29 Dec 05

you two!

Taw® 15:21 29 Dec 05

It may be the virus is in the restore area which the anti virus software will not touch. You should be able to see restore somewhere on the path. It is quite safe there and will do no harm. But if you wish to remove it you need to turn off system restore My computer> system restore> and tick. remember you will lose all restore points at this stage. Run AVG virus should no longer be there and then reset system restore

johndrew 19:32 29 Dec 05

When I had a similar problem I was advised to run all my cleaning in safe mode. I`m advised it works better.

tasslehoff burrfoot 21:40 29 Dec 05

Trojan hunter: click here 30 day free trial

I am told this is the second best tojan scanner there is (the best is, apparently, boclean click here but there is no trial version of that)

Halmer 10:41 30 Dec 05

people

Totally-braindead 10:45 30 Dec 05

If you can find the name of the virus try here and see if there is a removal tool click here

rawprawn 11:08 30 Dec 05

Try this free online scan, I have found it very good at shifting difficult viruses and trojans.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…