AVG file scanner which part?

ACOLYTE 14:24 14 Nov 04

I wont to set msn to scan files when dloaded but i dont know what 1 to choose in the AVG folder there is about 5 different .exe parts so witch one does the file scanning for dloads.

Diemmess 16:15 14 Nov 04

A chosen download is unlikely to threaten you unless you open it, or run a file which is part of it. So download anyway if you have asked for it.

If you wish to scan a particular download, then start the main window of AVG, choose > Tests > Custom Test > My Computer - (opening drives and folders until you can see your newly downloaded file).... click on that file to highlight it, then click on the start button at the bottom of the AVG window. Unless the file is really huge, AVG will scan it almost instantly.

alan227 16:34 14 Nov 04

If you download them to your desktop then right click on them you can select scan with AVG from the drop down box.

Diemmess 16:53 14 Nov 04

Thank you for the true short cut!

ACOLYTE 20:12 14 Nov 04

Yes , but there is a way to automate it with MSN/AVG and i dont know witch file it is.I could do it that way but i would prefere it to do it without me telling it to.

ste_bla 20:56 14 Nov 04

avgscan.exe is a command line scanner

Dan the Confused 21:24 14 Nov 04

Agree with ste_bla, it's avgscan.exe. I've found WinRAR useful for finding this info as it automatically detects it.

ACOLYTE 00:04 15 Nov 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…