avg fault?

rsturbo 02:04 29 Jan 05

4 of my friends and i all have problems with our email since installing avg 7 free.

we can all receive emails ok but when we send them they either don't arrive or the text in them is missing!

any ideas or solution would be greatly appreciated

rawprawn 08:13 29 Jan 05

Try Tools/Options/Format/ change to Microsoft Rich text. I'm not sure this is your problem, but text can be missed if you are on html, I don't think it is an AV problem.

rsturbo 22:58 29 Jan 05

no different - thanks for response tho

end 23:09 29 Jan 05

may I ask to whom the mails are being sent; are the recipients on talkgas by any chance, and reading mail on server? I have this problem with mine reading mail on server; the AGV is , I believe ,causing a problem ; would be useful to know what is happening at the other end from my point of view please:) please keep me advised on this?

GaT7 23:22 29 Jan 05

Try: click here & look under 'FAQ 6: Questions with checking your e-mail'. G

end 23:28 29 Jan 05

I dont think that that is the issue ; It is what the recipient cannot read that is the problem ; or am I misunderstanding, rsturbo?

GaT7 23:38 29 Jan 05

If no joy, search/post to the AVG forum click here under 'Email Scanning'.

You may be right, end. The initial link I provided gives some t'shooting tips as well, & was hoping one of them may give an answer to rsturbo's problem (just me being lazy, I guess!). G

end 23:50 29 Jan 05

plese have a look at this thread of mine click here if that works

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…