avg email scanning

Wrinkly1 10:52 04 Dec 05

My AVG free version has decided not to activate my Email scanning on boot up. After going to test centre and simply checking on settings it then tells me fully functional until next reboot. Any ideas ???

spuds 11:11 04 Dec 05

Did you try rebooting. I normally find this solves the problem.

rawprawn 11:14 04 Dec 05

If rebooting doesn't work, try Right click on
Email Scanner/Properties/Configure/Click Default.

Stuartli 12:02 04 Dec 05

Do you use ZoneAlarm?

If so, AVG sometimes requires that two .exe files require access permission.

One of them is avginet.exe and I can't remember the second - I've been on Avast! for most of this year...:-(

Using ZA's Browse button you can navigate to the AVG folder and find avginet.exe and then look for one very similar. Grant ZA's permission.

keewaa 12:34 04 Dec 05

I never got mine to load ... it says for email scanner "no pluggin is active". I read somewhere that this pluggin is only available in the paid version and is relevant to outgoing emails ... and without it your are still protected (who would make an antivirus with an email plugin ... as, almost by definition an antivirus MUST protect and scan all incoming emails?)

rawprawn 13:09 04 Dec 05

Mine is the Free Version, and it has no trouble with MS Outlook

rawprawn 13:11 04 Dec 05

I should have added look at installed plugins in Email Properties.

Stuartli 13:17 04 Dec 05

When I used AVG (free) it checked both incoming and outgoing e-mails and added the "certificate".

keewaa 13:55 04 Dec 05

When I go to email scanner - properties, it says :
"Personal email scanner is not installed. Launch the AVG fre installation."

I've never figured out what this means. How do I install it in the free edition ?????

rawprawn 14:38 04 Dec 05

Download AVG again and install it over the top, Im not sure that there isn't a repair option, but I would suggest you reinstall it anyway

keewaa 15:03 04 Dec 05

I am right in the fact that the email scanner plugin is not essential anyway and only adds some extra email features (You only have to imagine the thought of a company bringing out an antivirus which only protects/scans incoming emails via an optional "plugin" as this would be outrageous !)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…