AVG email scanner not active

gnvqsos 20:03 25 Aug 08

I have found that AVG antivirus is warning me that my email scanner is not active.I have not disabled it.How can I activate it please ?

Technotiger 20:16 25 Aug 08

Right-click on the AVG icon in the System Tray and then left-click on Open AVG User Interface, you will then have access to each of the components - right-click on a component to see further options.

Technotiger 20:16 25 Aug 08

Assuming you have AVG8 Free.

gnvqsos 20:28 25 Aug 08

I have opened as you said and I have ticked all three boxes for the email scanner settings.It is AVG8.It also states there are no plug-ins installed .I am at aloss as to what to do.I could always get a stand alone email scanner but up tillnow the AVG8 has been fine.

Technotiger 20:31 25 Aug 08

Don't worry about plug-ins ...... did you click on Save Changes after you ticked the boxes? If so, then you should be OK.

All the items in the User Interface should have Green ticks by them.

skidzy 20:31 25 Aug 08

Have you rebooted the computer,this maybe an update issue.

Alternatively remove AVG8 and reinstall it.

gnvqsos 20:55 25 Aug 08

Saving the changes and a REBOOT seemed to do the trick.Thanks to you both for your prompt and wise help.

skidzy 20:57 25 Aug 08

no problem,glad to be of help,little tick in resolved please :-)

Technotiger 20:57 25 Aug 08

Our pleasure - thanks for your feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…