AVG email scanner

roygbiv 16:52 05 Jun 05

Updated AVG and within seconds of updating, a balloon comes up to say AVG email scanner is not functioning. Have I a problem ?

spuds 17:11 05 Jun 05

I get this sometimes.Rebooting usually solves the problem.

p;3 17:54 05 Jun 05

as someone ( cant remember who)has pointed out to me; once you pick up the update, the avg ( and pc)needs restarting to take effect; mine now always blacks out in system tray until I have rebooted, then all is well again::)))

Thanks, I thought I was haveing some MAJOR problem (ROYGBIV's partner)

lozparry 20:06 05 Jun 05

I find if the box is red, click on it and at the bottom it says update, click that cures the red box. Never really had to restart unles it specifically says, which is hardly ever.

Djohn 20:14 05 Jun 05

This reboot should only be necessary in 98 and 98se. XP does not require a reboot for the updates to take affect.

Alan H E 22:05 05 Jun 05

98se & rarely have to restart.

dagwoood 22:20 05 Jun 05

roygbiv,I've had this happen on a couple of occasions. All I did to cure it was double click on the AVG icon in the notification area, click once on the Email Scanner box and click the Activate button in the bottom panel.

HTH, dagwoood.

roygbiv 12:36 06 Jun 05

Thanks for the suggestions. When I booted up this morning it was AOK, so restarting seems too overcome this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…