avg email scanner

erik bloodaxe 09:48 04 Dec 04

Using latest AVG Free with email scanner,plus ZA free.
Last couple of days have noticed that at regular intervals AVG pop-up tells me it is connecting to 80.40.75.62.What is this,if it needs blocking how is this done ? Have used Panda Active Scan a few days ago,with nothing nasty detected.Help!!

Cuddles 12:01 04 Dec 04

Could be your mac address!!!!!!!!!

Magandapoke 12:03 04 Dec 04

Does it appear above the bottom right corner? I get one that says AVG tiscali e-mail scanner that appears when I send and receive. Only seen after new AVG downloaded. Can't see any problem with it....yet..... I have lost the ability to dial up my ISP, e-telecom (glow) since wednesday 1st Dec. but I don't think the two are related, I cannot raise e-telecom by phone...somethings wrong.

erik bloodaxe 12:29 04 Dec 04

No,don't think it's the MAC address.Yes,the pop-up is in bottom right corner and correctly displays dial-ups for my own ISPs.No other problem at all.In fact,AVG isn't the problem, the problem is this wretched unknown URL.It only happens when I'm logged on as Admin.I've tried to run ipconfig/all and netstat,but the CMd won't accept them. Still none the wiser,but I'm really worried that something is going wrong.Does anyone know how I can find the location of this rogue URL?

Stuartli 12:33 04 Dec 04

Do you have your e-mail program set to check for new messages every five, 10 etc minutes?

This is the most likely reason.

erik bloodaxe 12:52 04 Dec 04

Panic over - I traced this via dnsstuff (great site).Turns out to be Tiscali,so I obviously need to sort out the mail prog.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…