AVG Email Scan Notification

SURVEY 16:30 03 Jun 07

I am using AVG Version 7.5 and noted in another posting that when sending an email and/or receiving there should be a notification on the bottom right hand of the email that it has been scanned by AVG. I am sure that I used to have this but this is no longer apparent. I also have Mailwasher and Zonealarm (plus Spybot and Ad-aware).

I have checked that the Email scanning component is ticked. Can anyone help?

p;3 16:35 03 Jun 07

have you sent a test mail to yourself to see if IT has a notifcation of having been scanned by avg on the bottom of it?

cocteau48 16:36 03 Jun 07

Using AVG Free/Zonealarm/Thunderbird/Talktalk and every time I receive an Email I get a popup just above the taskbar telling me that AVG is scanning email No# etc.
Perhaps Mailwasher is causing a conflict and stopping the popup.

p;3 16:38 03 Jun 07

I also use mailwasher and still get the notifcacitons on my mail::))

of interest, when did you last update avg?

SURVEY 16:42 03 Jun 07

p;3 - Yes, tried sending to myself but no notification on email. Can it be as cocteau48 suggests that Mailwasher may be the cause?

p;3 16:45 03 Jun 07

with respect, as I said I use mailwasher on mine and the notification is still there::))

I am trying to rummage to find where the setting is for this::))so far aint found it; I think it is in oe ...somewhere!!! I beleive it is to do with attachements ...I think

SURVEY 16:48 03 Jun 07

p;3 - your posting came after I prepared my latest posting hence I did not see the fact that you ran Mailwasher! My AVG is always bang up to date.

p;3 16:49 03 Jun 07

try this

open oe; go to tools/options/ security/do not allow attachements.....

does THAT entry in your oe have a tick in it?

SURVEY 16:53 03 Jun 07

p;3 - yes it does have a tick.

p;3 16:57 03 Jun 07

ok ; try removing that tick..then send a test mail

SURVEY 17:10 03 Jun 07

p;3 - Tried that and it makes no difference!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…