AVG Email checking

Sirpad 13:34 03 Oct 05

I recently acquired AVG and have a few questions.

1. It marks just about every email as spam?

2. It randomly marks every email as having an attachment whether it does or not.

3. When I used it first it would stop adverts popping up (for instance when I go into Boxerjam.com - which is great by the way..play Strike A Match) but now it doesn't.

I've looked thru lots of AVG postings and cannot find specific answers to these questions.

Diemmess 16:38 03 Oct 05

None of these things happen with me. AVG runs quietly in the background and apart from the automatic updates I see no signs of it.

Are you sure it is AVG and not your firewall, or perhaps a conflict with incompletely removed AV of another parentage?

Sirpad 22:16 03 Oct 05

Thanks Diem. I don't think so. I don't have any other software running in the background and I have no firewall.

Belatucadrus 01:00 04 Oct 05

1) Seems unlikely that AVG is the culprit as it doesn't incorporate spam filters, who is your ISP ? Many like Wanadoo have incorporated their own somewhat draconian spam detection filters that seem to mark almost anything as spam.

2) May have something with AVG adding a message to the e-mail confirming it's clean status.

3) Again I don't think this is down to AVG as it doesn't incorporate a pop up blocker. What browser are you using ?

Sirpad 14:04 05 Oct 05

Thanks guys...AVG may not have a spam filter but it does put most .zip files into the vault and it takes it's time about it too. I agree about it not having a pop up blocker Belatuc...I think I must have imagined it did.
I've actually turned it off now because it seems to take a long time doing whatever it's doing. It's possible I got an old version from the shop that installed it on my machine.
I think I'm going to give NOD32 a try. I hear it also does Adware and Spyware and although some people have slammed it, the general view is that it's quite good.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…