AVG e-mail scanner

bern1st 18:11 13 Apr 10

My AVG 9.0 bought version is showing that my e-mail scanner is not active. I have tried to restore it , but having limited knowledge of my PC, or maybe my age of 70, I have been unable to restore it, although all other components are active. Any help or advice would be gladly accepted.

birdface 22:09 13 Apr 10

Double click on the e-mail scanner when you open AVG.
On bottom left make sure scan incoming messages is ticked.
Then bottom right and click on save changes.
See if that works.
Or if it was working before just try and update AVG and see if that works.

bern1st 23:00 13 Apr 10

Thanks Buteman. I have now tried these options,but they have not resolved the problem. Do you think now uninstalling AVG and re-installing it is the next option?.

northumbria61 23:46 13 Apr 10

Download the relevant file from here to your desktop and RUN - this should fix it for you.

click here

northumbria61 07:50 14 Apr 10

RUN this file to get an installation wizard (as above) you should then get an option to repair.

Choose "Repair Installation" option in the third window of this wizard and continue to finish the repair process.

birdface 10:28 14 Apr 10

Normally those problems sort themselves out but if it has been going on for a while maybe think about deleting AVG and reinstalling it.
I cant think of anything else that could cause it.
maybe try Tools.Advanced settings.Open up E-mail scanner and check that the servers are correct.

Or try this first.
Open AVG.Components.E-mail scanner. Untick scan incoming messages at the bottom left.Then press save changes.
Reboot and then tick Scan incoming messages again then press save changes.
This sometimes works so worth giving it a try.

bern1st 22:07 14 Apr 10

Thanks guys for your help, but still not had any luck, so it looks like uninstall and reinstalling it. Will let you know how I get on.

northumbria61 22:12 14 Apr 10

It is a simple enough task "bern1st" - should only take a few minutes - let me know how you get on.

bern1st 18:57 15 Apr 10

Thanks again to "buteman" and "northumbria61". Have uninstalled AVG and reinstalled it. At first I had a problem with losing Firewall, but with a bit of perseverance everything ok now. Thanks once again chaps.

belaward 03:50 16 Apr 10

To [url=click here]convert M4V to MP4[/url] with [url=click here]M4V to MP4 Converter software[/url] is becoming more and more popular.
For [url=click here]M4V to MP4 Converter [/url]is specially developed to convert M4V to MP4 with excellent sound and image.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…