AVG detecting virus that isn't there

suzie005 13:01 08 Feb 03

i picked one upon Tuesday.it was in a temporary internet file.got the all clear and online scanner says there's nowt there.but every day when AVG does it's bit it detects the same thing everytime.it tells me it heals the file and there is nowt in the vault.so how do i stop the damn message?

AndySD 13:06 08 Feb 03

Go Tools them Internet Options and in Temp Internet Files click Delete Files.

suzie005 13:12 08 Feb 03

i clear them every day yet i'm still getting the same message come up.the online scanner says there's nowt on the system

TOPCAT® 13:14 08 Feb 03

If it is and only a temporary internet file it will be safe to delete.

The desktop of the AVG Virus Vault is divided into three parts:

Toolbar

The toolbar contains buttons for quick and easy access to the most important functions:

Delete File – deletes – finally removes the file. It cannot be restored later.

The AVG Virus Vault has its own automatic maintenance - files stored in the AVG Virus Vault are deleted automatically depending on the parameters set.

File Restore - runs the function providing File Restore - the file is moved back to its original directory under its original name. It is important to realize that the file is still infected.

Settings- enables you to set the parameters of the AVG Virus Vault (only available with the paid version of AVG. TC.)

Exit- lets you leave the AVG Virus Vault.

suzie005 13:23 08 Feb 03

it was a .htm file in temprorary internet files as i pointed out.the problem is that AVG is still detecting it and it isn't there.i get the red warning come up every single day

TOPCAT® 13:52 08 Feb 03

If a good online scan shows nothing then I would remove AVG and ALL its files, then run the scan again before reinstalling AVG and updates. TC.

woodchip 14:00 08 Feb 03

Have you cleared History and deleted files from Tools /Internet options

woodchip 14:11 08 Feb 03

PS if you do not delete as above it may have left a link as if the file still existed

suzie005 14:45 08 Feb 03

cheers

woodchip

i've deleted from internet files but not history.will try the latter and report back later.

X

suzie005 18:52 08 Feb 03

clearing the history doesn't make any difference so unless somebody comes up with another idea i'll have to uninstall and reinstall

AndySD 18:56 08 Feb 03

Have you cleared the cookies as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…