Avg detected a Trojan... Please help!!!!!!

volvo100 11:30 24 Jul 08

On booting up my wifes laptop avg started a scan and detected a trojan. It is Trojan horse Generic 10.BHES. It seems to be attached to an adobe update as that is the file path. It is now in the avg virus vault. Is the computer safe and can i simply delete it from the vault? Avg did ask if i wanted to heal so i clicked yes. I have done another scan and it hasn't found it again. Have i done the right thing in healing this file???
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

handful 11:33 24 Jul 08

click here

Looks like a common issue, I suggest keeping an eye here for an answer or do a google on it again later.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:33 24 Jul 08

It is now in the avg virus vault. Is the computer safe and can i simply delete it from the vault? Avg did ask if i wanted to heal so i clicked yes. I have done another scan and it hasn't found it again. Have i done the right thing in healing this file???

Don't Panic Mr Mannering

Yes AVG has done its job in detecting healing and quarenting the virus it is safe in the virus vault.
Just use the Pc for a few days and if everything works OK the delete the file for the vault.

handful 11:34 24 Jul 08

I should have added, I wouldn't be too concerned if AVG has healed it, it's the ones that aren't detected you have to worry about!

MAT ALAN 11:35 24 Jul 08

AVG has dealt with the file so it is safe to delete.
If your scan now shows nothing then you have done the right thing...

If you want an alternative to Adobe (bloatware)
the prog in the link come highly recommended by most on this forum...
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos