AVG detected Trojan Horse - but can't remove

lindyloo4 07:48 15 Feb 03

AVG has detected Tojan Horse but when I try to put it 'into the vault' it says I am unable to do this. The file it is quoting is C:\Restore\Temp\A0177517.CPY. How do I remove it manually? As usual I'm asking for a reply in very simple English and as usual thanking you in anticipation. I am running ME. :-((((

muppetmark 08:12 15 Feb 03

To remove this one you need to disable system restore as it is in one of your restore points, you wil lose all restore points tho,

lindyloo4 08:23 15 Feb 03

Thanks - Will I be able to re enable system restore again. Then set a point from today. Sorry if it sounds a daft question but I'm not technical at all.

rawprawn 09:02 15 Feb 03

Yes,go into system restore settings and tick the box to disable,( turn off system restore in all drives ) when you have finished go back & untick the box

lindyloo4 09:33 15 Feb 03

This is where you think I am really thick. I can't find system restore settings. Everything but! Please point me in the right direction. I'm not having a good day. It's my first virus and I can't think straight. Thanks.

VoG™ 09:35 15 Feb 03

Here you go, with pics click here

lindyloo4 10:54 15 Feb 03

Panic over !!! Went and had a shower and got my brain into gear. I've disabled - enabled - set new restore point - run another virus check. All is back to normal. Isn't life beautiful !

Thank you all :-))))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…