AVG conflict with Outlook Express

Creditman 21:04 20 Jun 07

Earlier today my email connection failed & I called Virgin Help to check if the service was down in my area. It was'nt & after I was helped thru a number of checking procedures the Advisor said I should disable my security software then try to connect again. So I uninstalled AVG Free,the email connection worked & I reinstalled AVG. The advisor explained that my AVG software had become corrupted & had prevented Outlok Express from working. Has anyone else experienced this or similar & can offer any further explanation ? I've been using AVG for 3 months & never had this before. Thanks

p;3 22:23 20 Jun 07

I am with BT; I use avg 7.5 from
click here
exe
click here

I use outlook express with avg and have had no problems so far (touch wood) for a number of years

if you are on XPsp2(?) you could do a system restore to a time when the thing WAS working?

Totally-braindead 23:10 20 Jun 07

It can happen with any anti virus program, I assume since you reinstalled it everything is now ok.

Creditman 17:12 21 Jun 07

Thanks guys , email is fine now & AVG is working ok.

p;3 19:13 21 Jun 07

if you are clear can you give this a green tick?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…